Leon Hurley from Gamesradar have talked to the devs of Guerilla’s new IP and learned some new stuff about the game. The information below is taken from Gamesradar’s page that I linked to above. Enjoy!
• It’s a full open world with no loading between areas. “The whole world is explorable. Every mountaintop is accessible, every river you can go through, every valley, and this is basically one of many valleys”, says Jan.
• It’s a post-apocalyptic game but “a thousand years beyond modern civilisation’s collapse”.
• One of the weapons, a rope caster which can be used to tie down robosaurs, can also be used to lay explosive tripwire traps.
• Combat is tactical, benefiting players who prepare by surveying the environment, laying traps and learning the robots’ weak points.
• Fighting styles roughly break down into three types: “There’s one that’s very much focused on stealth, one that’s focused on firepower, one that’s focused on setting traps and hunting. So there are ways where you get to customise your character and tune her more towards your play style, or develop them all to make her more into a Jack of all trades,” says Jan.
• Combat is focused on the bow. “They have a limited understanding of the technology,” says Jan, “enough that they can make explosive arrows from the shells that the machines use but they don’t have enough knowledge to reverse engineer any of this.
• Jan says that, “the XP system is mostly tied to the perk system, so you can develop and focus your character”. Much of the RPG side is “focused on the more natural progression of harvesting stuff from robots, materials, learning how to craft new weapons, new armour, new weapons types, new ammo types. That’s really where the core of the character progression system is”.
• The perk system lets you develop these fighting styles with specific abilities like stealth kills or the time-slowing precision aiming mode.
• There’s a “full climbing and traversal system” says Jan, “you can climb up mountains, climb into trees, swim through rivers”. Useful if you want to flee the robots instead of fight.
• The game will have some sort of online component according to Jan. “The core of the game is a single player experience, but there are certain social features in there”.
• Hunting isn’t the only option with robots, although “the other interactions you can have [is] something we’re not going into yet”. When asked directly if you could get on a large plate-headed robot’s head, Jan answered, “that is something you will see later”.
Horizon: Zero Dawn will be released next year, exclusively to PS4.
For the first time in the franchise’s history, the player on the cover of the game was decided after a fan voting.
Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson was voted to join Lionel Messi.
This is the first time that a Liverpool player is on the cover of any game in the series.
FIFA 16 will be released on all platforms, except Nintendo’s on September 25.
A new expansion in the Baldur’s Gate saga has been announced.
Siege of Dragonspear is set between Baldur’s Gate I and Baldur’s Gate II.
The events between Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition are at last revealed in this exciting new expansion to the original game.
Though Sarevok is dead and his plan for war averted, peace eludes the citizens of Baldur’s Gate. A crusade marches in the north, seizing supplies, forcing locals into military service, and disrupting trade along the Sword Coast. A charismatic warrior known as the Shining Lady leads this army, her background shrouded in mystery. Can the rumors be true—is she, like you, the child of a god?
The closer you get to the Shining Lady, the more you realize your father, the dead Lord of Murder still casts a long shadow upon your path. Baldur’s Gate has put its faith in you, but you must determine whose interests you truly serve before you face the Shining Lady among the ruins of Dragonspear Castle…
There is no release date yet but the developers say it will be out “soon” for PC, Mac and Linux and later on for Android and iOS.
“Set in a 1940’s film-noir era, Shadows of Evil introduces four unwitting characters – The Magician, The Femme-Fatale, The Cop and The Boxer – into an unraveling experience masterminded by the mysterious Shadow Man. Featuring voices and likenesses, the characters are played by Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park, Independence Day), Heather Graham (The Hangover 1-3, Californication), Neil McDonough (Captain America: The First Avenger, Band of Brothers), Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy, Hellboy) and Robert Picardo (Star Trek: Voyager, Stargate SG-1).”
So developer Treyarch has announced in a tweet that the Black Ops 3 beta will begin only on PS4, next month, on 19. More details will emerge soon.
We're excited to announce that the #BlackOps3 Multiplayer Beta will begin on 8/19 starting on PS4. More information coming soon!
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) 8 juli 2015
Batgirl: A Matter Of Family is the first DLC for Batman: Arkham Knight and is developed by Warner Bros. Montreal.
“When The Joker kidnaps Commissioner Gordon and holds him hostage at the Seagate Amusement Park, Batgirl and Robin must fight against the odds to save him and avoid falling victim to The Joker’s sinnister plan.
Trained by Batman, Batgirl’s combat combines with unparalleled hacking abilities to take down enemies, control objects and solve puzzles.”</em>
The DLC will be released on July 21 for Xbox One and PS4. No word on the PC version.